Environmental Policy Statement
The Managing Director’s Environmental policy Statement
ASKAMS believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is my priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Key elements of my Policy are to ensure that:
- ASKAMS support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport or car sharing where appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Offset our Carbon Footprint, using tools which will benefit the national environment
Whilst I accept corporate responsibility for the Environmental impact of the company, I have allocated specific environmental responsibilities to managers, who are all aware of their personal accountability for upholding the ASKAMS Environmental Policy. All directors and managers will also continually demonstrate to employees a lasting commitment to improving our environmental performance and associated procedures.
A cascade of setting and monitoring of personal Environmental Objectives will take place from director through to employee level. This system will ensure that we strive for continuous improvement and that our health and Environmental safety objectives are met.
Environmental management will be a subject for open discussion at all levels. Everyone must feel able to suggest ideas for environmental improvements. All employees are encouraged to report defective equipment/conditions, make suggestions and challenge existing standards through their supervisor/manager.