CONSIDERING BUSINESS NEEDS FIRST
Client: Gardiner and Theobald
Location: Victoria Gate is an exciting addition to the vibrant shopping scene in Leeds. Delivering John Lewis’s first store in the city and a range of high quality and premium brands, the first phase will capture the heritage of Hammerson’s Victoria Quarter, which is anchored by Harvey Nichols and is home to leading luxury designers including Louis Vuitton, Mulberry and Vivienne Westwood.
Term: 2013 – 2016
- Asbestos Surveying
- Demolition and Refurbishment
- Technical Specification
- Removal Monitoring
- Removal Contractor Auditing
A flagship John Lewis store, with a striking facade drawing on Leeds’ textile heritage. Victoria Gate arcade, with stores, restaurants, cafes and leisure space in an elegantly designed two street arcade linking Victoria Quarter to the John Lewis store. A multi-storey car park for up to 800 cars. Victoria Gate represents a huge opportunity for retailers with £540m of additional sales available from the highly affluent areas of Harrogate, Ilkley and York as well as further attracting the city’s fashion conscious shopper and the strong population of wealthy students. Planning approval was granted in September 2013 and construction of the £130 million development has begun in April 2014. Alongside regenerating the physical space, the first phase will also deliver up to 1,000 retail and hospitality jobs and 1,000 construction jobs onsite.
- High turnaround expectation on delivery
- Multiple stakeholder expectation
- Reactive resource availability
- Complex building structure and surveying environment
- City Centre High profile location
- Phased approach due to occupancy
Benefits to Client
- Ability to react with skilled, competent resource. The Asbestos Software solution portal has allowed all members of the delivery team easy access to the project from the site contracts managers, delivery team and stake holders.
- AMS has provided Competent, experienced, skilled senior consultants and project team to ensure that client expectation were met and programme milestones achieved.
“Following appointment of ASKAMS, I have been pleased to find a reliable and customer focused consultant who has brought real skill and expertise to the project.”
Gardiner and Theobald